Modern mystics have made many speculations about the new Millennium. Now that we're drawing ever closer to the year
2,000, we're bound to hear a lot more on this subject. Below are
some of predominating predictions that many of the renown mystics of the world swear to:
1. A terrible catastrophe will occur followed by a golden age. This sounds very much like Armageddon. Of course there are many speculations about how this disaster is suppose to come about. Some claim there will be a great war while others swear to the hypothesis below.
2. A shift of the earth on its axis will cause a great catastrophe. This change is suppose to occur during the last two months of 1999. Of course the shift will cause a great amount of death and destruction, but mystics claim that afterward, there will be a period of peace for 1,000 years.
3. Violent storms, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions will be on the rise. Again this sounds like the prelude to the biblical
definition of Armageddon. Still...there have been a lot of such disasters lately!
4. Prior to the year 2,000 a "walk-in" will be elected President of the United States. For those of you who don't know what a "walk-in" is...he or she is a being who has attained a high-level of spiritual development in previous incarnations. This development allows this entity to return to earth as an adult rather than a child as in reincarnation. In order to serve humanity, these beings take over the body of someone who's dying. There's one thing that we can be sure of when considering this hypothesis...President Clinton couldn't be the spirit the psychics are referring to! Just joking! Come on, give the poor man a break everybody!
5. Aliens will come to rescue many of us following the great catastrophe mentioned above. These aliens will work closely with the "walk-in" president and will teach us many new technologies, especially in medicine, food production, and with energy needs. They will also take a crucial role in world governments. So much for the hateful aliens depicted in the movie, Independence day, huh?
6. Women will be able to grow new breasts. After we're well into those golden years, growing new breasts is suppose to become the norm. I'm personally hoping this one happens. I wonder if a woman will be able to get them in whatever size she desires? And will these "new breasts" replace the previous ones or will we ladies start sporting extras?
7. The human life span will increase. Today the average lifespan is 76. It's predicted that it will be in the mid-eighties in the early part of the year 2000. Psychics claim that it will be 150 by the year 2050. But I'm skeptical of this one, because I learned in various science classes that the maximum number of times that the human DNA can reproduce would be roughly 120 years. Still, the lifespan probably will increase to some degree.
8. Libraries as we know them will disappear entirely to be replaced with whole libraries on compact disc. Lets hope this is something that never happens! Sure you can get a lot of information on the internet or on disc, but it will never take the place of a library or a book, at least not for me. Little can compare with cuddling up on the couch with a good book...except maybe cuddling up with the real-life Fabio.
9. Computer keyboards will be obsolete. Yes, we're going into a period of computer voice recognition...that's apparent, but I still think the keyboard will be necessary. Not everyone can speak due to medical problems...but maybe science will cure that as well. Still, I think that some people can think better silently than they can out loud.
10. Most illnesses will be cured, including most genetic problems. Baldness, genetic caused disease, blindness, and deafness will supposedly be things of the past, since genetic engineers will simply be able to create new parts or replace the faulty genes. Hopefully, there will indeed be big advances in genetic engineering, but there will be new challenges as well, especially with bacteria and viruses. This will mean that we will have to find new ways to deal with these disease causing agents...which probably won't be easy!